- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Whisk the oil, sugar, egg, egg white and extracts together until evenly blended (you can do this by hand or with electric beaters). Stir in the hazelnuts, coconut and anise or fennel seed.
- In a separate bowl, stir the flour, baking powder and salt to combine, then add to the egg mixture, blending well (the dough will be sticky). Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared trays and with floured hands, shape the dough into two logs the length of the baking tray. Brush the surface of the dough with the egg wash.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the cookie logs are evenly browned (they will have spread out). Allow the cookie logs to cool for 15 minutes.
- While still warm, slice the biscotti into ½ inch slices using a chef’s knife and return the biscotti to the baking trays, laying them flat and with just a small space between them. Return the biscotti to the oven and bake until they just begin to brown around the edges, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool the biscotti on the tray.
The biscotti can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month.