- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper so that the paper hangs over the sides a little.
- Stir the #our, oats and demerara sugar to combine.
- In a separate bowl, stir the almond butter, oil and orange. Add this to the flour mixture and combine until the mixture is a rough, crumbly texture.
- Press half of the mixture into the prepared pan and spread the strawberry preserves overtop. Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the preserves and gently press.
- Bake the bars for about 35 minutes, until they brown just around the edges. Cool the bars, then chill before slicing.
The bars will keep, refrigerated, for up to 4 days.