- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the lemon zest. Cut in the butter until the mixture is rough and crumbly but still small pieces of butter are visible.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cream, milk, egg and vanilla together. Add this to the flour mixture and stir to just bring the dough together, turning out onto a work surface to complete bringing it together with your hands. Flatten the dough out and press the cranberries into the dough, folding it over and flattening it out a few times to incorporate the cranberries.
- Shape the dough into a disc about 10-inches across. Cut the disc into eight wedges and place them on the prepared baking tray, leaving a few inches between them. Brush the scones with a little milk and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the scones are lightly browned on top. Cool completely before glazing.
- For the glaze, whisk the icing sugar and lemon juice together and drizzle over the scones using the whisk or a fork. Let the glaze set for an hour before serving.
The scones are best enjoyed the day they are baked.